The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following Essential Functions
Essential Functions :
- Purchasing of tooling and materials for the company.
- Reviewing Forecasting reports to ensure inventory levels are maintained appropriately
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, obtain appropriate approval, and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Will enter purchase orders in a timely fashion.
- Will handle accounting functions associated with vendor accounts; such as reconciling aging and researching vendor accounts.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine the cause of the problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Ensure supplier compliance with company requirements for quality, safety, and delivery.
- Expediting product as needed to suppliers or customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be good at math
- Strong business acumen and ability to make strategic decisions which align with business operations and production
- Self-motivated, with a demonstrated sense of urgency, and ownership of tasks
- Must be detail oriented.
- Procurement experience in aerospace manufacturing.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with Microsoft office products
- Familiar with Sage 50 or similar Accounting software.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will be persistent with suppliers and seek assistance as needed from management to help meet deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Business required
- 5+ years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen